Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Post election

A week ago, I was hopeful that America would elect John McCain. Well the people spoke and instead elected Barak Obama. I have always been impressed with his ability to speak and to create emotion. As I look back at this election, I think that was the one thing that carried him to victory. Presidential elections are somewhat cyclical. Every 8-12 years there seems to be a movement of change. Events occur and the American people feel that a new direction is needed (1968, 1976, 1980, 1992, 2000) See the pattern? Even though I wanted the other man to win, I think the next four years will be good for Republican Politics. I feel that President Obama will learn real fast how difficult it is to be a leader of a nation and the those who voted for change will understand who really was holding things up in Washington.

With that said, I hope that this election will begin to usher in a change of politics on both sides of th isle. We need to get back to our principles. We need to look at the constitution and see how the powers of government should rest. We need to become more fiscally responsible not only as a government but also as a people. Less Government is better government! The federal government should not interfere with State rights and state government. I am hopeful that our economy will be get better, I am hopeful that President Obama will not make our national security weaker. I pray that he will govern more in the central and not to the left. I pray for our country and its people.

No comments: