Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kira in Figure Skating

Yesterday my four year old Kira participated in Logan's first annual Learn to Skate Beginners cup ice skating competition. Over the past few weeks Kira has been getting 15 minute lessons from Emma's coach Becca. Well Becca loves Kira and she has been trying to convince me to allow Kira to join the club etc. Well Kira is too young to join the club in my opinion but I let her skate in this little competition. Of course Kira was awesome! She won first in her division (granted there was only two of them, but she was by far the best!)

I am not too sure about having multiple skaters in my family. But it is fun to watch them perform! She was so cute yesterday really milking the whole day for what it was worth. She kept on saying "Today is my special day so...." She was very cute. Being a dad really is great. I am sometimes jealous of my wife for getting to stay home all the time with them. Now I am sure she feels the same way and wishes she could get away some time. But as they get older, I begin to realize just how much fun they are. It is great to see their excitement when they try something new. It is fun to see them learn new things or understand concepts that previously they did not understand. The one thing I am not sure about is the whole getting older aspect. In my mind I am still in my 20's, yet I am realizing that in reality I am not. Where does the time fly?

No comments: